When you begin searching for a staffing agency to help with your work force needs, it helps if you understand the anatomy of a comprehensive staffing firm. In order to avoid working with a firm that may not provide you the best features or even all of the features you really need, you should be sure that you are receiving comprehensive staffing services. Below, you will find a short guide to comprehensive staffing services and what you need to be on the lookout for.
Evaluating Your Needs
Clients turn to Diverse Staffing, to design a custom, research-based recruiting program built on a unique, metrics-driven staffing model. Unlike programs offered by most recruiting and staffing firms in the market, this extremely proactive Diverse Staffing recruitment system incorporates “Best Staffing Practices”. This allows us to help corporate clients like you identify, build and track a specialized, national database of the country’s most highly skilled job candidates.
Utilizing this powerful proprietary system, Diverse Staffing then “goes the extra mile” by helping to recruit these candidates on behalf of our corporate clients. Our integrated staffing model serves corporate clients through five phases:
- A Research Phase – in which Diverse Staffing creates a customized, research-driven recruiting database
- A Recruitment Phase – in which Diverse Staffing works with the clients to identify and attract top recruits
- A Submittal Phase – in which Diverse Staffing submits top candidates to client for final consideration
- An Offer Phase – in which client and candidate come to terms on employment arrangements
- A Retention Phase – in which Diverse Staffing performs periodic follow-up evaluations with both client and new employee in a systematic review process.
Diverse Staffing does not stop working after the “offer phase.” We want to ensure a quality work environment and streamlined communications, as well as increased opportunities for retention. That is why Diverse Staffing follows up on every assignment with both employer and employee by implementing a 360-degree Total Quality Management (TQM) feedback system. This TQM system employs a systematic, data-driven process and allows for feedback and continuous improvement, not only between the client and the employee, but also between any party and Diverse Staffing. We are all looking for opportunities for greater improvement, and this TQM feedback system is the very best in the industry.
Best Practices in Employee Evaluation
A key goal for any staffing agency is to find you and other corporate clients the best and most qualified job candidates. Not all firms offer the comprehensive services that enble them to reach that goal. Our evaluation processes deliver consistent and measurable improvements when it comes to placing qualified talent: Applicant Interview – During the interview, details about skills and experience are discussed. Testing – For certain positions, such as for office/clerical applicants, typing and data entry skills will be required. Thus we will test individuals on their software and clerical skills. We also offer certification of Forklift Operators and ensure that CDL drivers have the required licenses.
Additional employee screening should always include:
- Reference Checks – References from previous employers are verified.
- Drug Screening – Applicant drug screening can be performed at the client’s request.
- Criminal Background Check – Criminal background checks are performed at the client’s request.
- Ongoing Recruitment Programs – Through our various recruiting methods, we ensure that we always have the right candidate for you at the right time.
- Employee Benefits – Employees can qualify for paid holidays and vacations, 401(k) plans and group health insurance plans, available from Diverse Staffing. Direct Deposit of paychecks and a Debit Card program are also available to all Diverse Staffing employees (thus eliminating the overhead costs to our corporate clients).
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
Diverse Staffing even offers you this pledge: If you are not completely satisfied with one of our employees, notify us within the first four (4) hours of the assignment, and we will replace that employee with another and not charge you for the initial hours.